Anyone who has a special child knows that stress is just a part of our everyday lives. And if you don’t believe that, here are some signs to prove it.
You Know You’re Stressed When…
- You want to buy an old fashioned hairdryer so you can sit under it to drown out the sounds of your family.
- You ask your friend the artist to make a chandelier for you out of your family’s empty prescription bottles.
- You and your husband fight over who goes to pick up milk.
- The only gift you ask for for Christmas is a neck massager.
- You chew through a carton of Fireball candies, nearly burning out your esophagus.
- You call your friends begging them to host Tupperware parties.
- Your child leaves you notes not to forget their birthdays.
- You think about committing a crime to get some alone time in jail.
- Your ADHD child tells you that you have to stop forgetting things.
What are some signs that you are stressed?